This weekend there were Highland Games. I went along, slathered the kids in SPF 80, and the baby went pink anyway, causing me to go into a guilty panic about RUINING HER FOREVER. Stayed home alone with the sprog on the second day of the festival, and made cookies while watching a documentary on a couple of charming elderly twin prostitutes in Amsterdam. Safe and wholesome domesticity re-established.
Also, our friend Sal has been on Jeopardy and kicking ass for 2 days running, and today makes Day 3. I am not a game show watcher, and have been horrified by how few questions I have gotten right while watching the damn show. I could TOTALLY look them up, though, I say defensively as the trivia police come for my Master's Degree. Next up: mike and I form a posse to kick the asses of everyone on facecrack making jokes about Sal sharing the money.
RSCDS dances at the games (mom and aunt in the middle - I was in the audience yelling at my cousin for tampering with a stranger's camera and throwing monkey pods at ducks). They only missed a few steps, pretty good this year:
No, no, PAS DE BASQUE!
RUN AWAY
Oh, knight. I know.
When Mike held Zenny, he got congratulations. When I held her, I got looks of sympathy. Hey.
Not ruined.
Blue eyes. I win genetic-roulette for pigment and sunburns so far.






I like the tie-dye/kilt combo. Never seen THAT before. Oh, wait. I have. I live in CA. :)
ReplyDeleteawww she's so pretty!!!
ReplyDelete