Thursday, April 25, 2013

KCBW Day 4: Color review

Hey, guess what happened yesterday? I discovered that my bank number had been stolen and all my piddling money was gone! Plus overdraft fees! So I had to have my card shredded and file a claim with my bank! Oh yay! KNIT PICKS.

But I will not go into that. I am still writing about yarn.

SO, COLOR.

In garments, I buy a lot of grey. In craftsmanship, I buy saturated colors. These should go together in most instances, but what I actually need is a black cardigan. Why I have not done this, I do not know.

Since bailing suddenly from Maui, my stash has been reduced from a storage ottoman to a tupperware bin of skeins I am too fond of to use. (Ok, there is also a tupperware of leftover death-wool for Zenny's Christmas stocking.) My favorite color to covet and not actually knit with is obvious.



I'm working on it, though. Most recently, I made a blanket in dark purple, which I argued was almost red, and almost a dark neutral. Which it is neither, of course, but off I went.

This achieved by sneaking a ball of yarn into the cart every time we went to Walmart.

Tomorrow we are supposed to blog differently. Coming up: video of me with barf down my breasts, singing songs about liquor and knife fights to an unimpressed infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment