Tuesday, April 23, 2013

KCBW Day 2: a mascot project

This is my project library.



Cables are not flashy. They look good in the window of an overpriced designer retailer, they seem impossible to the new knitter, and they feel as good to make as a life drawing, or bread from scratch, or... some other thing that is fun to make and rewarding for the whole process. Whittling. Moonshine. Lightsaber squirrel gifs.

Every now and then I pull out the same three books and flip through them lustily. And secretly, too, because feeling lust for sweater patterns is a bit sad, as lust-having goes. I TAKES WHAT I GETS.

I imagine knitting a modern guernsey and having a man who suddenly sprouts mermaid tattoos and a pipe.




Or hey, in dark grey or a heathery black - maybe this one, instead.


Man's Tweed Pullover (great name)

NO, THIS ONE. Men's sweaters are hexed, anyway.




But my browsing always comes back to this one - St. Brigid. The one I am too timid to actually attempt. Partly because it looks so hard, partly because I hate the neckline and I'm scared of Alice Starmore.



Maybe some day. In a dark heathery red, modified for a graceful neckline, with a pair of slim jeans and boots. And a pipe.

Tomorrow: infographics.

No comments:

Post a Comment