I refused to by another ball of this yarn, so I bound off the Malgven and called it done.
DONE.
It's a lap blanket/shawl/cat entrancer. Which has taken most of a year to plod through.
Inaction shot.
The same day, I finished the book I was reading. And neither of these things were part of a series, which means the pleasure of finishing them dropped immediately into despondency, like a balloon thbbting into a flaccid wrinkled mess.
So maybe I was a little depressed when I found a derpy Japanese chicken tea set and brought it home furtively, like someone smuggling actual chickens into the house. Mike picked up the tea pot and stared at it. "It's... a chicken. Oh - oh my. It's a set. Of course it's a set."
I took out my phone and showed him what was parked next to us at the store. "See? At least I didn't flock the car."
I'm holding out for a cartoon-car paint job, anyway.




I've never heard of a Malgven before - it's gorgeous! and I kind of love the chicken pot.
ReplyDeleteKnitting pattern names are an odd assortment. Some people try to get deep and mysterious with other languages, and others name them after whatever is sitting nearby while they're knitting. The "cat-butt shawl", etc. I am pro-mundanity, myself. I'm glad someone else likes the chickens! My co-worker is Japanese and said it's a nice tasteful set - SEE MIKE? Antique Rodeoshow (sic), here I come.
ReplyDeleteI SAW THAT CAR WHEN WE LIVED IN HONOLULU. I was amazed by it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHa! It was pretty well done, wasn't it? Very neatly cut and glued around the gas tank and handles. Ohhhh, Kalihi.
ReplyDelete