Thursday, May 14, 2015

KCBW DAY 4: Bags of fun (oo-er)

Time to delve into that most treasured collection of tools, notions and oddments as you are asked to spill the contents of your knitting or crochet bag, caddy or other method of organisation and put your crafting unmentionables on display.

Oh, this is a bad idea, Blog Week. I am not a tidy bag-keeper. But I will defensively preface this entry by explaining that my mother's bag is worse - she doesn't knit, but she has people who know that I knit, so they foist balls of unwanted yarn on her and she stuffs them in a cloth bag that hangs on the back of the closet door. It stays there so I can have emergency supplies if I'm stuck at her house without my knitting, which is lovely - except that we have some extraordinary indoor wildlife in these parts, and they LOVE bags of yarn that lie undisturbed for months on end. So last weekend I went enthusiastically rummaging through the thing and got a handful of crunching cockroach eggs, a panicky roach in my hair, and a gecko egg jumped down my shirt and broke.


So my bag is pretty nice, really. It very barely even gets any mice in it.

My knitting bag is also my work bag. It contains the usual - wallet, phone, knitting, lunch, emergency toiletries. And whatever sifts to the bottom from any number of things that pass through. Every now and then, I empty it out and give it a good spanking. Now is as good a time as ever.

Let us see what is in this thing:

Looks ok so far.


Oh, dear.

clockwise from red blob:

1. knitting - waded up thing which I hope will resemble a blanket when it's spread out
2. stitch holder
3. crumbled knitting charts
4. pen case and tiny sketchbook
5. mass of gradient pens
6. thread & thimble
7. lipsticks - friendly pink and scary red, depending on who's at the desk
8. pads, because a) uterus, and b) library teen emergencies
9. deodorant - two kinds, because I tried to be all-natural and discovered it doesn't work but haven't thrown it out yet
10. book for toddler time
11. ugly keychain with candy stuck in it, which I have no memory of obtaining
12. some kind of pin my kid gave me
13. car keys
14. sesame treat which I won't eat because it somehow has 24 grams of fat in it
15. empty wrapper and 4 pennies
16. hair tie, hidden from hair-band-snapping husband
17. work keys
18. hardware store rewards card
19. note card colored by Leif
20. two wallets
21. orange


Better than the time I emptied my purse and found rocks in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment