I put on the leather jacket that I accidentally stole from my high school boyfriend's sister and discovered that it was like wearing an oversized cardboard tube. Miss December was an Amazon, but just being 6'1" would not make up for the girth of this garment. She must have stolen it from an actual biker herself. At any rate, it is stiff from disuse, and I think I might have to buy myself a graduation present of a nice fitted leather jacket at Christmas and let Mike break in this roll of cardboard.
Speaking of graduation - party! Mat is also graduating, and instead of fighting over our small group of mutual friends, I suggested we have one big party. Must brainstorm venue and theme. The head of the department also told us that celebration would be due to mark the passing of oral exams, so I'm thinking there's a doomed lobster with my name on it come October.
My working weekends are long this semester. Mike has agreed to meet a guy about a motorcycle outside my library this afternoon, and I will be glad to come out on my break to check it out. Maybe make "vroom" noises, because we can't actually test drive it, since neither of us have licenses. Maybe the guy will give us rides.
I dunno if anyone would let someone test drive a motorcycle anyway, license or not. I never did for any of the ones I sold.
ReplyDelete-Snootch
Apparantly this guy would have; he's going to let our motorcycle-savvy buddy (who is also a mechanic) try it out next week. Mike offered to get his license on Monday and drive it home, but I told him I didn't want to be the widow with the stupidest late husband. It's pretty nice - it has a big windshield and a sissy bar so Yuri can stop panicking about my losing my feet by falling off like some girl she knew.
ReplyDeleteI agree completely with what you said, windshields are for sissies.
ReplyDeleteQuick lingo lesson - Touring bikes are the big bikes with hard luggage cases and radios and hand heaters and everything else under the sun. Cruisers are your basic bike and it's many clones from Harley Sportsters (domestic cruisers) to your bike you're looking at (metric cruiser). Sport bikes are your crotch rockets. And the kind I'm getting next.
there are better way to get leg squeezes than to resort to buying crotch rockets.
ReplyDelete