(technical blog problems cured!)
I am so tired of fighting with my mom all the time.
Gavin helped me rip tape and bend wire to build my armature, looked from the finished figure of Mike to the one I was working on and said, "Mom make baby statue?" He then sat on a stool and posed for me. He's a natural.
After a harrowing few days, Mike sat with a beer and regaled us with Tales of the Lifeguards while I modeled a clay figure of Gavin. How cup-of-chips Chris had his hair lit on fire; toilet paper thrown from a plane; Mike's toe skin flapping in the wind as he tumbled down the deck for a rescue; games of Assball and Dicktag. I spent a bit of time reminiscing about tiny lifeguard shorts. I think both of us miss having a group of friends to hang out with. Heck, we miss just hanging out with each other. It's funny how lonely you can get by not having any time to yourself.
But some day we will have a house, and a yard, and a bathtub with claw feet. I'll hang drawings of my family along the wall, and watch them age as the years go by. We'll have cats dozing in sunlight, and we'll eat enchiladas and play cards with friends every Thursday.
Yes we will.
No comments:
Post a Comment