The first day of school came down around my ears with a crash. I pushed my way through the crowds of undergrads, looking at all the colorful self-conscious, flirting students. I realized that I was the only person in black and felt weirdly smug.
I bought my overpriced textbooks and tossed a few extra supplies on the counter while the cashier made fun of my last name. With 30 pounds of books hanging off my arm, I walked up to the LIS offices to pick up an application for the state library, as 22 positions have opened up and I am suddenly eligible. This application requires speedy action, lots of paperwork, written consent, arguments with the summer office over a problem with my credits, and the ordering of official transcripts. On top of my first week's worth of homework and 4 meetings for work, oral exams, and internships. Ah, well, armed with my trusty daily planner, I should make it through the semester with most of my remaining hair.
Fresh Meat
Children's lit doesn't attract many men, so we're all waiting to see whether the incoming group of new library students has brought in a new Class Hottie to bump Tim and Mat from their competing positions. Yuri and my mother both have their fingers crossed for an older gentleman to appear. Meanwhile, my obnoxious vegan co-worker has reportedly been replaced by a cute tubby rocker guy. We will see on Friday how he shapes up. If he can take some friendly insults and work 5 minutes without complaining or fucking up, he's gold in my book.
No comments:
Post a Comment