Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Update

ER doctor was wrong, and macerated my insides for nothing. Now it looks like I have a kidney infection after passing a stone they didn’t check for. 

My doctor put me on antibiotics. 

So that’s good.

Except I have suddenly started feeling worse again. Back on the phone with my doctor. 

And because I’m embarrassed and kind of horrified about  talking this much about my insides, I’m just going to sit on the rest of this process until it’s resolved, or until I’m sending out irritated deathbed confessionals. The longer this goes on, the more grouchy they’re going to be. “Look, asshole, we’ve had our differences, but what I did in 1997 wasn’t cool, and I’m sorry about that. Get bent, xoxo, H.” 

Etc.

I’ll post something periodically to show I’m alive. 

5 comments:

  1. Please do keep us posted. Don't be embarrassed or horrified. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, you sure know how to rock a librarians conference, and by rock I mean kidney rock- OUCH! No pain worse!! Glad you made it home , glad you found a REAL doctor who knows stuff!! Be well. thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in North Carolina, (a good 700 miles from home), blowing glass when I developed a staghorn stone. I had no idea why I had a fever of 104 or what was going on with me. I had to drive some distance from where I was staying to get cell service to call my doc to get a script for an antibiotic. So glad that you saw your doc. These things can have a very tragic outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you get well vibes.So sorry for all the pain and suffering.

    ReplyDelete