Monday, September 19, 2022

Day 5 and return home

On my last day, I laid in my hotel room and took notes on live-streamed sessions. Threw back some ibuprofen in the evening and slowly walked out to the shuttle stop to meet a librarian for a last dinner. She was easy company because she was excited to be traveling and had a lot to talk about, so I just smiled and asked questions while picking at my barbecue platter. We found a candy shop on the walk back to the shuttle and picked up treats for people back home. I was so relieved to go to bed and be done with this trip.

I tried, you guys 

Bathroom graffiti in Tennessee 


4am ride to the airport, 10 hours of flying, and I’m home. Gingerly hugged my kids, dumped candy out for them, and went to bed. Calling my doctor today. Something is still not right.

Scrolling through my FB feed, I saw I missed my high school reunion. All the cool kids who gave me shit for 4 years got together at the beach park to drink Heineken on concrete picnic benches and play “lap dance musical chairs” and “fashion show”, where they put on feather boas and did improv drag performances. Would this have been more fun than spending 12 hours in an ER with a torqued bowel? Too close to call.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are going to see your doctor ASAP clearly something is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be such a relief to be home. I feel like I should be apologizing for the land of my people.

    ReplyDelete