I have been getting a lot of texts with videos of my children driving boats and getting dragged at high speed on inflatable donuts, as well as a cute picture of Zenny posing with a man in a Frankenstein costume while holding a 6 inch knife*. I am glad they are having fun, and I am glad to be staying out of it. I’m the books-and-cookies parent, not the boats-and-knives parent.
Still, there are some things about being up there that I miss.
It's got me listening to Wolfmother and the Darkness again after all these years. Taking my rock credentials back from Harry Styles.
In the evenings, I've been working on a tacky souvenir painting, thinking about cultural exploitation vs. cultural erasure. Enjoying the shadows and colors anyway.
Slowly adding flowers, one by one.
The Thor fitness program is already starting to do something to my shoulders and pants. I’ll be getting trampled into the mud at a Spartan race in no time.
(Maybe next year.)
(On the weenie course.)
* “Frankenstein was the doctor, not the monster!” Frankenstein
was also the name of the book/film, so don't sweat it.
"Check out my Matrix costume"
"Actually, the Matrix was the code, not the man."
The knife, it was explained to me, was a retractable prop knife she bought at a gift shop, which I’m sure the public will note when they report a child running with a knife through Lake George village.




Sounds like everyone is exactly where and doing exactly what they should be.
ReplyDeleteI like your Kitschy Painting...
ReplyDelete