So one time Coyote saw some lizards sliding down a hill on rocks and totally wanted to join in, and they TOLD him not to try sliding down on the big rock, but he was like, PFFFT, and of course he did anyway, and of course he wiped out and got smashed to death by the rock. The lizards were really annoyed, but his gross body was smashed all over their sliding area, so they begrudgingly resurrected him.
We did this story for a school play on Black Mesa, and it was awesome. I wore a paper-mache lizard head and rolled around on one of those little square skateboards everyone crashes into the wall with in gym class. We set up a "hill" on one of the folding cafeteria benches with cardboard, and someone tried to roll down it and fell on their head. A+ theatrical experience.
And today I drew a bat during lunch break.


Here it is! It pleases me just as much on second viewing. Showed it to the resident artiste, who opined, "Very Durer-esque -- she's good." Did you draw this from a photo? Lovely texturing. Have you ever seen baby bats in blankets? http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/baby-bats-in-blankets#.hgnYOb8W3L
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah, I totally had a picture. But it was small and blurry in an old juvie nonfiction book I snagged off the shelf before lunch. I love the baby bats! Met a bat once as a child, in the daylight, and it was very unhappy but there was nothing I could do to improve its situation without bringing a bat into the house and giving everyone rabies, so I left it clinging to the tree trunk miserably. Hope it fared well.
ReplyDelete