The new-with-tags beanie baby kittens I sniped off of Ebay had been stuffed in a knotted plastic bag in the closet for a year, which is not the way to store a dozen kittens.
I saw them again while boxing up some thrift store donations and unbagged them, put them in a nice box, put the box in a gift bag, and carried them over to the ER. Sorry, babies who have been hospitalized without a kitten this year. Here's hoping these ones find their way into unhappy little hands and serve as some little nugget of kindness to hold on to during those very worst days. It meant more to me than to Zenny that a soft-hearted nurse hunted out a stuffed animal to give her while I was sobbing onto the ER social worker.
So that's that. If I'm going to plug any charity, it is donating to children in hospitals. Do that thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment