133
Alone time with the kiddo
Gavin, upside down on the couch, watched me looking through a stack of CDs while Freddie Mercury offered to sail across the sea with me.
"Mom, why you putting on music and music and music and music?"
"Because I LIKE all this music."
"You should just listen to one song."
"No way, I'm having fun singing along."
"Fine. [said archly, causing me to look up in suspicion] I sing too... JINGLEBELLS JINGLEBELLS JINGLEBELLS JINGLEBELLS!"
"Nooooooo! Not with the Jingle Bells again!"
"MWAHAHAHA!"
Several minutes later...
"Smash, 'oh nooo!' Die. Fall. Hurt. Uh oh, what's happening here? It's a big mess! Wook, mom."
"Oh no! The pirates trashed the castle! What's that crane doing in the middle of it?"
"He going to clean up."
A moment later...
"Mom, wook! It's all cleaned up!"
"Wow, I'm amazed, look at that! You actually cleaned it! ...Wait a second, where did everything go?"
"In the dungeon!"
[reveals carefully packed dungeon, loaded to ceiling with pirate corpses and weaponry]
"Is that how you're going to clean your room when you're bigger?"
"Yep!"
"Too bad you'll be sleeping with me until you go to college, then."
Bad enough with my own closet piled with corpses.
No comments:
Post a Comment