Thursday, January 25, 2007

Among the Po-sessed

"Here are your kitty happy pills! Just give her half a pill for every 6 hours."
I shook the bottle of half a dozen valium and wondered if they thought I needed some, too, or if they were just trying to kill my cat. My purse is a den of sin. Po purred nervously in her carrier as Gavin listened to her heart with his plastic stethoscope.

In the car, the smell of cat pee suddenly filled the air, so I rolled down the windows. Sensing an escape route, Po morphed into Nega Po and slashed in a frenzy at the carrier until the latch burst loose. There was a struggle for control of the car, and a tense drive home with one hand on the wheel and a panting cat stuffed roughly under my armpit while Gavin laughed hysterically. He later explained, with pantomime, "Po go FWOOOSH! YOWOWOW! And mom go UHNNG OOOF RRRR. Hahahaha." Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment