Sunday, January 14, 2007

Consulting the universe


For every transition, opportunity, or significant event, it helps to quiet yourself and listen to the forces at large. Gather whatever small clues you can and interpret them like a fortune teller (a very self-fulfilling activity). For me, this is baking cookies. The process is as important as the end result. When we moved into the doomed Pink House, I blessed the kitchen with peanut butter cookies, but they were lacking a fundamental ingredient and fell apart in my hands - just as my home and marriage did. Proof of cookie genius! So today I grabbed the last chocolate orange from Christmas and melted it down with butter to read the future. The sugar took longer to dissolve than usual, which I take as one of my signs; with extra focus, steadiness, patience, and a little heat, everything smooths out. I chilled the batter, rolled the balls in confectioner's sugar, and fed my good fortune to a happy family.

Cookies of Converging Pathways:



Things are going to be delicious.

1 comment: