Wednesday, October 02, 2024

I’m in!

Two of my paintings were accepted into the show! One of them was the one I irritably named “fuck around and find out” at the last minute. Whoops. At least if I win anything, we get to hear a respected dignitary announce it over a PA system. And then I will have set the expectation for all my future painting titles. “The fuck is this”, “that goddamn lace collar took 42 hours”, “another fucking landscape”, “tranquility and shit”. Sorry, progeny.

I’m surprised they picked the one I accidentally sent blurry pictures of. Maybe it was because it was blurry and they didn’t know better, but I have a suspicion that they just liked the Native & Naturalized theme because it’s more “Hawaii”. I kind of preferred the invasive species one, with the mongoose skull.










3 comments:

  1. I told you, girl. It's not luck. It's talent and you have boatloads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good News! Congratulations and love your titles of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautifully painted.I particularly love the portrait.Holding thumbs!

    ReplyDelete