POV: the flowers in my studio at 3am
It was rough. Turns out going through a lot of bad stuff as a kid makes it hard for someone to gauge the severity of a situation; if you're not in imminent danger of being murdered, it’s something that can be worked through. Also, sudden feel-good hormone dumps are a common fight or flight response, and abrupt loss of shyness/self-consciousness is a sign of emotional detachment.
Seems obvious, but hearing it from a professional helps.
Tried to unwind my brain and paint flowers for the rest of the day, but messed it up and wiped the whole thing out.
Driving the paintings down to the gallery today. I should probably be more proactive in getting to know the other people in the show, build a community. I need more people.



I've found out that going through a lot of bad stuff as a kid can fuck you up every which way there is.
ReplyDeleteOh, Holly.