Tuesday, January 09, 2024

hit the ground running

I applied for another job. This time it's close to home, but with much better pay and responsibilities. If that doesn't work out, I have the LSAT practice book, and half a mind to go to law school (4 year online JD program through UH Manoa). I did a cold test and scored about 2/3 correct, and I'll take another after studying to see if I've improved enough to sit the exam in March.

Or I could just join a pickle ball team or something, I don't know. 


Next week I'm getting on a plane to Baltimore for a library conference. I bought a nice heavy coat and some insulated boots - and so of course it is 57 degrees and raining over there. Rats. I'm wearing the coat anyway, it makes me look like a chain-smoking private detective. I'm going for a look that says "please don't rob me and throw my body in the harbor".


Gavin flies back to college tomorrow. Yesterday we binged the new season of Our Flag Means Death with cats on our laps while I baked cookies. I'm going to miss him a lot.


1 comment:

  1. You always make me laugh. Here's hoping nobody tosses you, puffy coat in all, into the harbor. A cold front coming through will guarantee that over the next week or so you're going to need the big coat and boots; You may even see some snow. The thought of an LSAT practice book still sends shivers down my spine and an inclination towards shots of bourbon. Pickle ball and Tacos seems so much better, but let's face it, I'm an old bat. You don't know until you try, so I say, go for it!

    ReplyDelete