Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Biting off more than I can chew

To make things more complicated, I bought a giant accordion-paged sketchbook and decided to paint the entire year and then submit it to the art show as an installation piece, along with a loop of videos documenting each week. That goddamn ceramic chain mail blanket was large and had a video to go along with it, so I am going to hitch my horse to that wagon and see if making a nuisance of myself gets some results. (Videos for the first two weeks are up on Instagram.)

I knew painting fireworks would not go well for me because it counts as a landscape, but it’s just the first page and nobody will be looking at it for long. Starts the year off in a recognizable way. 


I had more fun painting week 2; first post-holiday grocery shopping. I don’t cook whole fish, but I always walk by to look at them because they have nice colors.


Today I painted snail. There has been a lot of rain, and I pick them off the library sidewalk so people don’t step on them.



It is snowing in Baltimore, and I am ready for 5 days of professional development and crab cakes. The murder rate in Baltimore is #2 in the country, but probably most of those people aren’t getting murdered in seafood restaurants. It’ll be fine.


2 comments: