Thursday, January 18, 2024

Crab cakes here I come

My employers have put me in steerage, near the rear toilets, with just one item allowed as carry-on. I was not sure if a giant winter coat counted as carry-on, so I decided to play a dangerous game and stuffed it into my checked bag, along with an AirTag. If I end up stranded in Baltimore and they lose my luggage, at least I can watch my coat scooting around the country without me.

And once again, I forgot that I don’t like flying until I was locked onto the plane. Headed to the West Coast this evening, and then East until dawn. Let’s go.

QUICK EDIT:
I made it! And I am too early to check into my hotel, and my phone is dying, and my charger doesn’t work, so I am doing the thing I said I wouldn’t and going out in the snow ALONE to find a convenience store and walk to the museum. I love the snow so much, but my nose and my legs are remembering why people wear scarves and thermal underwear. I will do things Survivor Man-style and work up a sweat by walking all over the damn city. My AirTag will lead the police to my body when my phone dies.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Baltimore, here you come. It's cold down there, wrap up girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a long trip! I suspect you know this.

    ReplyDelete