Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Lego flowers

I thought it would be funny to do an old Dutch-style floral painting of a Lego bouquet for Leif.


 
It's hard to tell if my kids are humoring me or if they actually like these things, but I think he digs it.



He’s got a lot of Lego models to choose from, if we want to make a habit of it.

On the easel, progress:

I don’t really like symbolism in paintings, but this is one of those cursed object arrangements that kind of came together on its own. The skinwalker knife and the walnuts are from when I was a kid in Arizona; the gun and the hibiscus are from now. I don't know. I liked how it looked, and decided not to overthink it.

Week #2 with the parks dept. kids was a lot better, with more robot destruction, more laser sound effects, and more deadpan turtle impersonations. I used donated money to buy cases of juice (organic) and cookies (peanut-free) for them, and they cheered when I said they'd be back next week. Three of my old toddler time babies (now kindergartners) gave me violent hugs. I AM WINNING. Remembering why I like my job again.



2 comments:

  1. Your talent and abilities never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they would be nothing without your intelligence and wit.

      Delete