Leif has been added to the pile of plague victims building up in our household.
But there have been some good things:
1. Mild symptoms
2. No further seizures
3. Admin chose me to go to Chattanooga for the ARSL conference in September! They pronounce that phonetically, by the way, which means I am the person they decided was best suited to represent the system at the “arsehole conference”. I am glad to finally be getting recognition in my chosen field.
I’m back in isolation because I don’t have infinite sick leave and need to go back to work now that my symptoms are clearing up, so I have to avoid the kids for 24 hours except to mask up and administer meds/food (doctor’s orders for returning to work), and stay away from them until they have recovered. Their dad is coming back from the renovations to watch them, and he’ll probably be infected within a week, so this is going to go on for a while.
I’ve really enjoyed being home, though, even with the illness circulating and the scary moments. The house is cleaner, there has been fresh bread, time with the kids, and a lot of painting.
At least I get to plan my ghost and distillery tours for Tennessee while I’m stuck at the circulation desk.






lovely ones of the children.
ReplyDelete