Zenny has Covid, too. Low fever, low appetite. It’s not great for a kid who already lost weight in the hospital, but at least so far it isn’t respiratory.
Edit: stratch that, she’s not okay, she’s had a seizure and we’re at the ER
Edit 2: we’re home. With her distant history of seizures after her head injury as a toddler, doctor said covid likely lowered her seizure threshold, and she may have more. She needs constant fever meds, constant supervision until she feels better, no activities that could kill her if she has another seizure (baths, climbing, etc). Poor kid.
What happened is that we were eating pancakes for breakfast, and she hadn’t had any ibuprofen yet because she just woke up and her fever was down to 99.6. Mid-pancake, she said, “I just feel…” and then leaned back in her chair, eyes dilated, went rigid, and started seizing. I picked her up and yelled for Leif to call 911, but he panicked and started looking for my phone instead of using the one in his hand. I put her on her side on the couch, checked her breathing (not good), took my phone when Leif almost threw it at me, and was trying to call 911 when Zenny suddenly sat up and said, “What’s happening?”
It’s times like these I’m glad we live 30 seconds away from the hospital by car.


Okay. That sucks. How are you feeling?
ReplyDeleteSorry to read this- hopefully Zenny is feeling better by now.
ReplyDelete