What happened is this: the taco truck lady got mad about where my car was. I went out to move it and she snapped at me, so I snapped back, so she snapped louder, so I walked away without moving my car. She phoned her son, who phoned the owner, who phoned the landlord on the mainland, who phoned my boss.
I moved my car.
The septic tank construction guy who was watching all this and laughing said, “how’s that office job going?” and I said “I’m switching with you today.”
So I threw a blanket over my online accounts while the neighbors were hot. Pretty sure the coup attempt took some of the heat off of our parking dispute. (And if it didn’t, and they find themselves here, I ACCEPT YOUR SURRENDER. And okay, I’m sorry. I had just seen a body pulled out of a head-on collision, which I might have been in if I had left for work on time, and I was not being friendly and professional, which I will endeavor to be from now on. If it makes you feel better, the septic tank guys accidentally broke the water main and we had no toilets for the rest of the day.)
me hiding all my social media accounts after getting in an argument with a taco truck
Not a fan of 2021 so far.

Oh, honey. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteTake a deep breath and try to relax. Too much stuff happening. May it get better soon!
ReplyDeleteIt's fine. They've lost customers because our staff cars were the quarters in the guitar case, and now they look abandoned. Now they've got a a guy spray painting lines on the gravel and trying to post papers that threaten to tow people. That'll go well.
ReplyDeleteWhat's bugging me is the crash, because it knocked out the traffic lights to the whole area, which caused two other collisions up the road and by Dole Plantation, traffic was clogged for the rest of the day, and there was not a peep in the news. The ambulance left without the sirens on, which looked like a fatality to me. The side mirror and the sole of his shoe are still in the road. It was the kind of muscle car the military kids drive, and I know they keep personnel incidents out of the news unless they involve a civilian, but it's weird seeing it happen.
Well, at least you wrote a vent post about it in humorous fashion. All we can do is keep our sense of humor when the week seems like a year.
ReplyDelete