And now old lady Po is circling the drain. At least it’s her natural time, after 16 years of peeing on everything she isn’t supposed to and skittering through the house like a bowling ball on legs. She’s decided she wants to die on the patio, and crumples up like a broken thing with her eyes half open, then whips her head up and gives a scratchy meeeeh when I sneak up and poke her. I’m going to keep giving her her thyroid pills and putting her in front of bowls of fancy feast until she decides which way she’s going here. I love her and it's upsetting to see her coming to the end, but I can just try to do the best for her and help her be comfortable.
The gallery show has been extended, and two of my paintings sold. I probably should have taken better pictures of them first.
While I was sitting at the gallery on Sunday, somebody started screaming hoarsely outside. I walked to the window to watch the homeless people across the street. They’re in worse shape downtown, jerking while they walk or collapsed and rocking to themselves with hoods over their faces. Above them, a scrolling marquee on the building flashed “DO NOT ABANDON US”, and then it blinked and said, “SUPPORT LOCAL THEATER!” We live in a dystopia.
Walking back to the parking garage in the evening, I stepped around a huge pile of shit on the sidewalk. Felt like I’d seen a rare bird. The Chinatown Sidewalk Poop. I've heard about them, but never seen them in person.


No comments:
Post a Comment