In the way a bomb site is a blank canvas.
8 tons of concrete fish pond removed from the back yard (charged us extra for overfilling the 5 ton bin) and this thing just keeps going down. I still think all of this was done to hide a body in the 1950s, but at this point, I just want to scrape it flat and build a deck over it. Sorry, hypothetical dead person.
My teenager was accepted to his first choice college in New York. They offered him 32k in scholarships for the first year. That brings the tuition for his first two semesters down to just $30,000.
Get your persuasive arguments ready, kid, because for 30k + (60k x 3 more years), I could build a house on the bomb site and send all three kids to state university.
Here’s the painting I’ve been slowly working on (bottom half is unfinished).



Congratulations to your son! Tuition is crazy.
ReplyDeleteLove your painting. Absolutely.
Wow! That's expensive! Fish pond? I wonder what kind of fish they were- It reminds me of the Dr Seuss book where he keeps feeding the fish and it grows bigger and bigger! Very pretty painting-love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLove the painting. I wonder if what you learn at that expensive of a college ever pays back what it cost.
ReplyDeleteLarry the Mason, who built the house, had a side gig selling giant carp. And then his horrible offspring let it fall into ruin and let trees grow out of it, so it was a mossy pile of concrete covered in cheap pink bathroom tiles.
ReplyDeleteHe should go to the best university he can get in. It matters. Well done.
ReplyDeleteHave you looked at the total with room and board at a NY State University? It's in the neighborhood of $20,000. On the other hand, if you are a state resident the financial aide available is pretty good.
ReplyDeleteYeah, there is a lot of comparative math going on, along with talks with Financial Aid, virtual tours, info sessions, and calls to our university and tech friends to talk about the school's reputation. It looks like it's going to happen. Somehow. YIKES.
ReplyDelete