Friday, January 15, 2021

Po

Po died in my arms. She stretched and exhaled and was gone, very peacefully. 

She was a brave cat, the first to explore whenever we moved to a new home. The first to get outside and wedge her butt into a banana tree and need rescuing. Once, she disappeared for three days on Maui and I ran around the jungle calling her name, only to turn and find her following me, confused about what I was looking for. She had a scratchy voice, weird nipples, and she went from purring to scratching the shit out of you in half a second. She peed absolutely everywhere and destroyed all our furniture. One time, when I leaned forward on the couch, she got behind me and peed down my butt crack.

I loved her very much.

Pour one out for Po tonight, friends.





Three in three weeks. My best terrible girl. I am so fucking heartbroken.

4 comments:

  1. No. Not fair. But the way she died- that was some sort of holy moment.
    I'm so sorry she's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. So incredibly hard to lose our pets. They are part of the family.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry,I hoped I wouldn't read that.So sad for you.

    ReplyDelete