Thursday, January 14, 2021

Circling the drain

Now Po is trying to die. She’s an old lady, she has every right to, but I’ve been sneaking up and poking her when she gets too still, and she jerks around and cusses at me. Not sorry. We’ve already hit our cap on dead cats for the month, Po. Submit your request after the 1st.

16 years of dedicated service, with special awards for peeing on everything she’s not supposed to and skittering through the house like a bowling ball on legs

Other news:

* Sold two paintings. Probably should have taken better pictures of them first.

* Stepped around a pile of human poop on the sidewalk in Chinatown. A truly ridiculous amount of poop, like someone had piled bratwursts on the sidewalk. Almost impressed that someone took the time in broad daylight to do that.

* Watched the taco truck guys try to paint parking lines on loose gravel. It did not work.

* The rock pile behind the house was finally hauled away in a 5 ton bin!

* The 5 ton bin destroyed the driveway.

* The next gallery show is going to be fish-themed. I am trying to figure out how to paint something fishy when I don't actually like the looks of fish very much. Bought a package of head-on shrimp and painted something that looked like a wet cockroach. Gross. 

Need to think about this.

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend who would not eat lobsters- cock roaches of the sea- he said.
    Pass them roaches to me.
    I hope your cat is just snoozing a lot. And a "bowling ball on legs". We have one of those. Its name is Jack.

    ReplyDelete