The scholarships apply to each year, the co-op program places him with a respected company that will pay full-time, grandparents/cousins live only a few hours away, and Gavin is going to be attending Rochester Institute of Technology this fall.
Majoring in computer engineering. With a minor in ‘20-person hot tub’. I don’t know. The campus is ridiculous. They have their own hockey team and a vibration-proof building for nanotechnology and a sealed lab of cyber security computers for waging virus battles.
So it looks like I’ll be in New York the beginning of August to deliver the boy to his dorm and have a midlife crisis in an Airbnb.
Have knitted a hat and I’m halfway through a pair of mittens. My Hawaii-born child will definitely lose all his fingers and ears to the icy winds of Lake Ontario immediately. Late September at the latest.
Oh my word!
ReplyDeleteI wish both you and him the very best of luck with this transition.
Hooray for him, though he will need hats and mittens for sure!
ReplyDeleteCongrats - I went to RIT! It is cold and snowy, as long as he has layers he will be fine. There were some underground tunnels between some buildings (quite a few years ago...). I hope he does well there, it's a fantastic opportunity!
ReplyDelete