In the middle of the night, a tea set and a metal food scale leaped off the fridge and smashed all over the floor, causing us to jump straight up out of bed and run into the kitchen. My heart DID NOT LIKE THIS. It took 4 tries to get back into bed and lay down, because I kept having to kneel and put my forehead on the floor to stop from fainting. It's a barfy, cold, muffle-eared feeling that I hate a lot. "If I wake up dead I'm going to be so pissed. Killed by a teacup." And whichever cat was exploring the top of the fridge at 12:30am.
Still got sent to the hospital for an EKG and an echocardiogram, though.
It’s uncomfortable admitting to having an “underlying health issue”, because then if you die people act like you’re okay with being dead. Like if your brakes squeak, then nobody should feel bad when someone runs you off the road and your brakes fail and you crash into a tree and your car explodes. Ah, but she had those underlying brake issues, it was probably to be expected. Well, I do not expect to drop dead of a minor heart murmur, and I am not okay with it. I’m going to live to be 100 years old, powered by gristle and spite.
- - -
And because I don’t want that to be the last thing I talk about, here I am posing for reference pictures for an illustration I completely ruined.
Dressing up is fun but also depressing, because fancy clothes look so much better than work clothes, and you can't just walk around everywhere with steel undergarments and stage lighting. Unfair.

You go girl! My comfort zone is Elizabeth Taylor who was forever getting seriously sick, and who nevertheless managed to live to a ripe old age!I had to laugh about the underlying health issue.
ReplyDeleteI also hate that" barfy, cold, muffle-eared feeling." Ugh. I love your dress!
ReplyDeleteI think not dying is a very, very good plan.
ReplyDeleteUnderlying Health Issues, especially during The COVID, especially Suck. Everyone kinda expects you're not gonna be one of the ones who makes it. Fuck them, I'm going to be the 100 Year Old too fueled by spite and gristle.
ReplyDelete