Sunday, October 04, 2020

Dept of Bad Ideas

Today I took a break from faces and painted a flower. I am almost certain it is a chrysanthemum. On the packet it just said “produce”. 

Chrysanthemums are my birth flower, so I have always felt sympathy for them. They're a bit weird looking and unpopular, as flowers go. They have lovely leaves, though. 


Naked Came the Chupacabra 

I am still painting romance novels on my lunch breaks. 


I enjoy these enough that I've decided to have a stab at doing a few of my own and building a portfolio. I am not particularly interested in romance, but I am interested in dramatic poses and costumes and good lighting. Maybe I could help chivvy more cryptozoological creatures into the genre, they are woefully underrepresented. Why are vampires sexier than moth men? Come on now.

This means I have an excuse to buy props. 

I browsed gowns and corsets and historic reenactment sites, but what I bought was a pair of werewolf hands and a space suit. 


The glue immediately separated from the gloves and they don't bend for shit, but I think they can still be useable.

For my new resume photo, if nothing else.

The space suit arrives tomorrow. Who thinks romance and does not immediately think space werewolves, I ask you? 

Exactly. Nobody.

2 comments:

  1. A very moving blog post. (Haha!)
    Somewhere there is an author who has been waiting her/his entire life for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romantically inclined Space Werewolves, let me know when that Book comes out... I think I need it to get thru Pandemic.

    ReplyDelete