Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Monday painting - ex-limes

A few weeks ago, someone at the library gave me a branch of kafir lime leaves. I was all set to paint them when my model was tragically murdered.

victim and suspect

Luckily, that is why I take back-up pictures, and I had already drawn it out, so I went ahead and started painting it anyway.


First step: get it covered with paint. Second step: fix it. Will work on it in the evenings.


In other news

* Someone dropped the porta-potty key down the toilet hole. Also the lock. And the cleaning guys stole our hand sanitizer. Some helpful person has been locking the stalls in the open position for an endless line of liquor store customers to use - will figure out who's doing it and shake my finger very sternly. So the portable toilet situation is starting to get some results.

* The man decided we needed to cut down a tree that had gotten too big and was breaking up the back wall, so he had me stand and hold the ladder while he chopped the top off and pushed it onto the roof of the garage. I put on a tiny child's bicycle helmet in case a tree trunk and a concussed man and maybe a collapsed garage might come crashing down onto my head. There was a broken saw blade, a horrible crack, a thunderous crash, and then a terrible moment when the trunk swung wildly as it went down and hit the edge of the building - but the roof and the ladder and our brainpans all survived. I went straight inside and had a Cocoweizen, which tasted a lot better spiked with adrenaline.

This is fine, I will just stand down here and see where it falls

* My favorite and best Canadian librarian came to my house. While we were standing around taking pictures of her fairy project in the banana tree, a streaking light made us turn around, and we watched a meteor burn across the sky and flare out. "That was a fucking fireball," I said intelligently. Sarah laughed, because this happens wherever she goes. She is very relaxed for someone who keeps getting space rocks lobbed at her. Next summer, Sarah. We will take out Lake George with a meteorite.

* Went rollerskating and was the only person not to bust my butt, owing to my A+ strategy of pottering around the perimeter very, very slowly and getting lapped by preschoolers with walkers. Preschoolers who ended up on their backs like flailing, screaming turtles. Ha. I win, babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment