Saturday, August 10, 2019

Drink and draw

I am breaking a blog rule by posting after a drink, but OH WELL.

One of the reasons I went to Portland last fall was because there is a little gallery called Nucleus that was having an exhibition I wanted to go to. Nucleus has a space for artists on one side, and a little art shop on the other with a bar for local beers and ciders. Every Wednesday, they host a Drink and Draw event where they fill up the gallery with tables and people buy beer and draw on the tablecloths or coasters, and I missed it by one day. I have been jealous of that event ever since, and so I decided we should do it at home every week. The kids get fancy sodas, the grownups get local beers, and we listen to whatever music we shout out for Alexa until we're happy with our drawings.

This week was Waikiki Brewing Company's Skinny Jeans IPA. It was okay. I don't know why IPAs are the rage right now, but I will drink one, fine.

It went pretty well, even though Zenny knocked her root beer float over within 1 minute.



I did not eat my model this time, because it was a totally dead scorpion.

A bit heavy-handed with the pens, maybe, but I am going to get the hang of it eventually, if we keep this up every week.

 This thing is on a postcard, so if anyone wants it they should email me and I'll slap a stamp on it.


IN OTHER NEWS

* Went to dinner with a vacationing college friend and forgot to take a picture with him. Of course. But I had a beer in a giant tiki glass and we didn't get killed by traffic or the roving Waikiki arsonist, so it was a winning outing.


* The bathroom at work has been replaced with three porta-potties INDEFINITELY while a septic tank is installed. Some day. Probably. They're outside, sitting in the sun like blue poop ovens. The contractor told me to just let them know when the toilets are set on fire or knocked over. He said that usually when they're set on fire the guy who lit them doesn’t die inside them, but we should just call if that happens. And so "Portable Toilet Contractor" unexpectedly leaps to the top of my list of exciting second careers, and "dying in fire while trapped in a porta-potty" now tops the ways I definitely don't want to die but would not be surprised to see on my tombstone.




1 comment: