Friday, June 01, 2018

thanks, melatonin

In my dream, I was out for a walk and ran into someone I hadn't seen in years. He ignored me and went across the street.

"Still doesn't want to talk to me, huh?" I said to his friend, who was standing around waiting for a car repair.

"Yeah, seems that way. But don't go thinking he doesn't care at all - he did watch the video."

Uh oh. "What video?"

"The one of you getting that award? Everyone has seen it, it's all over." He pulled out his phone. On the little screen, I watched myself walk across a stage wearing a purple dress, looking self-conscious. "There, you got the award, you're shaking his hand, now you want to get off the stage..." The little figure of myself starts hurrying toward the curtains, looking for the stairs, and then decides to bypass the stairs entirely and just hop off the edge of the stage. She hoists her skirt and jumps, waving at the audience. "But, surprise! The floor drops off on that side and it's waaay higher than you think!" The tiny figure falls about 20 feet, flailing, and bounces off her face.

I woke myself up yelling, "LEEEROY JEEENKINS".

ffs.

(link for people not familiar with this meme)

No comments:

Post a Comment