I don't write about day-to-day life anymore, I thought. Everything is so routine and easy and boring.
And then I looked over my shoulder anxiously, realizing what I had done.
TOO LATE.
cracked a tooth, resulting in two root canals on single molar
roof leaked, damaged ceiling
man went into attic to find leak and found hammer-shaped hole in roof with an old aluminum baking pan under it
kids flunked dental exam; one is mysteriously missing two entire teeth
teen went on $2000 trip to robotics world championships
Stupid Fancy Preschool* chipperly informed me that they were cancelling after-school care for the entire last week of school
truck blew head gasket
* fun dinnertime conversations have included "Jesus is a ghost made of blood and he watches you all the time" and "NO MOM MILK DOESN'T COME FROM COWS MILK COMES FROM JESUS". Counting down the days to public school.

No comments:
Post a Comment