* New haircut: no
* New swimsuit: I did not get one
* Flowing beach clothes: old jeans are fine, why not
What I have been doing is lifting weights obsessively, in case I end up pushing the rental car out of a gulch or getting into a brawl at the general store.
vacation goals
All these punching muscles would maybe be more useful if I had ever learned how to throw a punch. How hard can it be? I've seen it done in real life; pull back, haul out with your fist, and follow the momentum around gracefully into a sprint in the opposite direction. I doubt punching technology has advanced since I was 10. And this time it won't be me getting punched in the face, probably.
Or actually I could just bring a big box of Krispy Kreme donuts and beer so that people are happy to see me.
Keeping my options open. But I like having the muscles. I can open jars now.

No comments:
Post a Comment