And during the time I am working instead of sleeping, I have developed an affection for New Zealand films. Especially the ones directed by/starring Taika Waititi. What We Do in Shadows is the very best vampire movie, and Boy relates more to my experience growing up on Molokai than any film I've seen. Go watch these things, you guys.
What We Do in Shadows
Boy
blog note: I have figured out how to re-link all the images I broke in the great Google Plus disaster of 2014, and I have been painstakingly working back through my old entries and reconnecting the pictures. So the archives aren't an obstacle course of blank image boxes anymore. Kind of. It'll take a while.
Everyone please stop
The boys were at my mom's house when news hit the internets about the Italian Dildo Disaster, wherein a shipment of rubber sex toys washed up on a beach and terrorized parents of young children. My mother read this, fell over laughing, and the kids came skidding over to see what was happening. I have already had the privilege of explaining to the kids what these things are, after they hung out with some teenagers who were pretending to be telemarketing dildo salesmen, and Leif thought this disaster was was the greatest thing that has ever happened in the arc of human history. All the marvels of human ingenuity and scientific achievement had led to this - a beach full of dicks. For the next week, he kept interjecting wiener jokes into our conversations, and he was actually managing to be funny so it was really hard to tell him to shut up about dingledongs at the dinner table. And then, a few days later, husbandface started shopping for Christmas presents online, and while perusing Japanese squishy toys he was derailed by the discovery of by-the-dozen boxes of adorable squish "ding dings". He laughed himself stupid and then bought them, so now I have to find where he hid them before he recreates the Italian beach disaster on Christmas morning.
One more month until my painting retreat, you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment