Monday, September 04, 2017

The "brr" months are here again

8 more paychecks to Christmas, everyone.

Productivity:

- Have still been working on character design with the film company, which is in New Zealand and comes with bonus "what if I picked up and ran away to New Zealand?" daydreams. There are lots of sheep down there. And penguins. I wonder if they have those miniature milk cows. I bet they do, they have a hobbit village. And Jemaine Clement. Yes, this is a thing I would do if they asked me to.



 - When not doing that, I have been working on a painting that I really like. Zenny looked at my thumbnail sketches and decided it needed flowers, so we bought a fake bouquet and some floral tape to make a crown. The crown turned out ENORMOUS, but we rolled with it anyway. It turned out to be a good thing, we agreed.

reenactment 

3 sittings of progress

-  I knitted some fingerless mitts for my trip in November. I asked the man to take a picture and make me look cute, so he moved my hand so it covered my face. And that is why I'm not taking him to New Zealand to live with sheep.

Portlander mitts


- I finished the travel sweater, but the ribbing on the arms look like the flexible ducts on a homemade robot costume.

Who wore it better?



It's fine, I start turning blue and chattering when the temperature drops below 60 degrees, so I'll be too grateful for the warmth to care if my arms look like they're injected into the sleeves like raw sausage.

- No weekend update on the car accident, but no bad texts from my co-workers, either. No news is good news in this situation - he just needs to sleep and heal.

- Labor Day BBQ today, with kebabs and shrimp! Happy end-of-summer, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment