Thursday, August 24, 2017

back to life as usual

Yeah, I ruined the bigger painting. Glazing over grisaille is not for me. I'm painting more vegetables as consolation.

My month of solo-adulting has come to an end, and I hadn't realized how deeply I had relaxed until my insides started nailing up siding and installing storm windows like they were prepping a cabin for the long winter. I don't know how to go on living in tight insulation now that I've had the windows open. Travel and art books and hippie skirts, I guess.

Also WORK. I've been contracting with a film company to do some character design, so that's pretty great.

And then the police officer who comes by the library for coffee & bathroom breaks asked me to make a logo for his knife-making business, and he paid me in ice cream. "You're making something cool, so I got you something cool." This works for me.

This logo is very subtle and artisanal and does not at all say "I am going to stab you"


Putting my shoulder to the windows until I can reach a crow bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment