Monday, June 26, 2017

Suspicious lemon

I went bigger. It kicked my butt for 3 days. But I learned how to go wet-on-dry (leave it) and I was getting the hang of the thing - except for when the cat rubbed herself across it. There was no kitty murder, because I had gotten up and walked away and don't actually know which one did it, but the fur stuck all over the board was BLACK so that narrows it down to... all of them. Shifty assholes. They weren't even licking themselves guiltily, and chose a spot the same color as themselves, so I couldn't find forensic evidence on their persons. Spent the last 3 hours fixing it and then got mad and quit. The lemon doesn't look as wary as I wanted it, but whatever.

I'm thinking about going to a painting retreat on the mainland to get some actual instruction, since our university courses are all during my work hours. I could carve out a week of vacation for an intensive workshop, though. Looks like all the good ones are in Seattle and Philadelphia. Hmm. Chewing on this thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment