Saturday, June 17, 2017

Figure painting


HEY, painting is still hard and slow. But I love it, you guys. Love it. I am up to my eyeballs in art books and materials research and music, and I feel more myself than I have since my days in the university figure studio.

I used all that paint I wasted yesterday to lay in a neutral background, so I feel frugally satisfied. Then just as I was getting a handle on hands, I discovered feet. I hate you, feet. Only going to paint footless models from here out.





2 comments:

  1. Wow! The things you get up to when I look away for a couple of weeks... That's really, really nice! Happy for you that you're doing something that brings you back to yourself. There's nothing quite like the pleasure of an endeavor that absorbs you totally, eh? The wife has been dropping in at a figure drawing workshop, coming home beaming, eager to show the successes and the struggles she's been through from 7pm to 10pm. You and she are giving me food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Laying down new brain connections is hard and so so good. Do it. Join uuuuusss.

    ReplyDelete