Thursday, June 22, 2017

another painting

This one is still small, but at least it has something going on in it. A better painting might have been the expression Zenny made just after this, when she kissed the egg and I reminded her that it was fresh from the chicken's butt. 

Lesson here: go bigger. Bigger board size, bigger brushes, bigger strokes. 


6x7, oil on gessobord
Shiny paintings are hard to take pictures of

Stupid hands


I see so many things I'm going to run back downstairs and fix after work

Painting wraps you in a time bubble. When you finally stretch and step back, 6 hours have flicked by and it's the middle of the night. From the studio, it's a quick trot out to the shower. There are fat heavy lychees pulling the branches down all around the bath house, and you can reach up to pick a few while you wait for the water to run hot. All the little solar lights reflect across the semi-transparent ceiling, so it's like showering in the night sky. This is a scene I am on board with. 

In other art-type news, the book illustrations have been submitted & approved, and I'm back to working on my comic during lunch breaks. Also I have another board book about halfway done. 

Here is a song I have been listening to a lot while working.

No comments:

Post a Comment