The kid-free night arrived! I bought a dragonfruit for the occasion and stayed up until midnight. My color mixing skills need some work, and I ended up with too much leftover paint to just throw out, so I covered the mess with tin foil to keep it from drying out until I can re-use it tonight (the family is ditching me for a camping trip because I have to work and also because I hate camping*).
oil on panel, 6x6
I should figure out an artsy signature for these paintings, probably.
The chickens got into the studio while I was putting things away this morning and were very critical of my easel-to-painting size ratio. I'm working up to larger panels, ok?
Plucky the Terrible Terror trying to knock over my wet paint because I wouldn't let her use my new brushes.
Verdict: mongoose brush is THE BEST BRUSH. And thinning your paint with medium is bogus. I like thicker paint I guess.
* Ax murderers beware: if you show up at my house because I've said I'll be alone, I will make you model nude for figure painting.


No comments:
Post a Comment