Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Autumn on the North Shore

Folks, I remembered that I can go to the beach. The beach is not one of my favorite places, and I don't even know why. I like sitting. I like swimming. I like the mountains and the heat and the wind and the crashing waves. I like eating snacks and drinking out of sweating water bottles. What I don't like is having to keep the kids from dying or getting sunburned or being creeped up on by creeps. But that is life anywhere you go with small children. More parking my ass on the beach and relaxing is in order. 





2 comments:

  1. La nina es muy serio. How lovely to watch this one grow up, get some words, tell you what's going on behind that small sober face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kid. She wants to do things and go places and see stuff. She does not care about her toys too much, except to make sure they're picked up and put away. She gets our shoes and makes sure we have our phones. She gives firm kisses and announces when it's nap time and there is HELL TO PAY if things go wrong. Which they do, all the time, when you want to do everything yourself but your fingers aren't strong enough to unbuckle seat belts and you're not allowed to use cleavers because you're 2. I love her so much, and she's doomed to become her mother.

    ReplyDelete