Scary Dr. Appt Day: could have gone better. Waiting on lab results. I remarked to a friend that in the very worst case scenario I would shave my head and go full Furiosa, but it was a lie. Libraries are cold, and I would actually wear really remarkably awful wigs, of all colors and historical periods.
beards are wigs, too
It's important to have plans in place.
Other news: found new/better daycare option for the babby, necessitating purchase of a second vehicle (the man is careering around the highway in the rain on a motorcycle right now). Looking for piece of shit truck, to fit budget/home renovation requirements. Having fit of fancifulness about learning auto repair and cruising around in a battered old Ford while listening to the Eagles and wearing bandannas. Becoming my mother, basically. Which is fine, because it'll keep me off the cell phone. She had to use her computer to track her lost phone this weekend, and found it buried in the litter box. So there you go.
We saw a truck abandoned by the drug store that looked like we could afford it. Off to a good start.
Oh, isn't it grand being rich? I love your new truck. Crossing fingers for you on test results, which is wreaking havoc on the knitting. Sigh. I hope you don't have to wait very long. Here, the cats enjoy placing small articles in my shoes. Mice, generally. I have never encountered anything unexpected in the litter box, although I have sometimes been quite impressed by volume or consistency. Your mom's cats have special talents.
ReplyDeleteOh, the knitting! I need to do a proper post about my project on the needles. It's been hot and miserable, with only a lazy ceiling fan to cool the house, but I just keep knitting and mutter promises to myself that the colder weather will really come some day. Whenever I open the fridge, there is a stampeding noise and all the cats try to stuff themselves into the cold air. I ought to just put a cat flap on it.
ReplyDelete