Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Pau

I have finished the Bloomsthingy, and coaxed the child into it, and now it's done. Except for the ends to be woven in, but meeeeh. 


Folks, I might be down at the thrift store picking out mangy old sweaters to salvage after all. The yarn I want in the quantity I want is $70, and I JUST CAN'T. But the new Brooklyn Tweed collection is up, and I'm all over that Cascade pattern, so a bit of grubbing through sweaters that people have maaaaybe rubbed on their junk is in order, perhaps.


Oh, and there's a tsunami coming. But we live way up high in the middle of the island, instead of down by the ocean where we used to, so I am yawning and stretching elaborately. Which probably means a water spout will drop sharks on my house, but WHATEVER. I have a machete and a bbq. 

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Love wee solemnity. It doesn't look tight --? & she doesn't mind wool next to her skin? What's the yarn you want for Cascade? I got a big b'day gift cert for Plucky Knitter from wifey, and am immobilized with indecision. Must choose perfect pattern! Mustn't waste bounty! It could be years before I decide. It's already been > a month. I can't even settle on a color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rubbed on their JUNK?!!! Oh dear lord, make this image leaveth from mine eye. Did you update your post? Can't believe I missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You jus know if those sweaters were left on the floor, someone used them to wipe up with. And then they donated them to the thrift store on the way to the library. I know what these people are up to.

    The Araucania was sugar cane - no wool here. Our lungs object to wool, although I keep trying with superwash. I want one of the Berroco cotton blends with a bit of heathered color in it. Remix is nice, in dark grey. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, DAMN. Nice gift certificate. Get the Athos! Or Kraken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kraken is on the shortlist! Currently obsessed with charcoal gray. Yeah, isn't that the sweetest b'day gift? Esp since I keep going on about us not spending $ and me not needing any yarn. Sometimes love means listening to what someone really wants, rather than what someone says they don't need and shouldn't want.

    Also, sugarcane?--wtf. It kinda sounds like a joke. Me, I'm knitting with scotch tape. And, you know, dandelion fluff. Plus kleenex and bark. [It's all Habu.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the sciency term for sugar - viscose? There's a milk protein yarn that I want to try some day. And possum. POSSUM YARN. There is potential here - we could save some endangered species if we could shave enough of them to become economically substantial.

    ReplyDelete