Monday, April 13, 2015

"If it doesn't look handmade, what's the point?"

My favorite argument for whenever something comes out very badly, coming from a library patron who refused to learn advanced craft skills.

Something was wrong with my feed dogs. My nap time sewing schedule doesn't generally include time for machine diagnostics, so I forced my way through anyway. After mangling the dress and caroming my topstitching all over the damn place, I took one minute to scrutinize the machine thoughtfully and realized that there is a pressure button on the side of the machine. I pushed it down. My feed dogs worked again. So I sewed an entire dress very badly for nothing.

ANYWAY.

Another project from Linen, Wool, Cotton Kids. This one has pockets. And still no zippers!


Also, I planted things. Four gardenia bushes, and a passion fruit vine along the fencepost. Also (not pictured), two English rose bushes, which are tiny and cute and came in a cardboard box from Oregon. I'll have to plant some native Hawaiian plants to make up for introducing the invasive species. Guilt and furtiveness.

Aaaaaah, topstitching like someone hydroplaning.

Toddler hair.


It's ok, despite my horrible sewing machine diagnostic ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment