Saturday, April 04, 2015

I sewed a thing

From a library book. A really good one, if you're into simple, timeless/vintage style and NO ZIPPERS YAAAY.

You have to trace out the pattern yourself - the different pieces are drafted over one another like lines on a topographic map, printed in different colors. Not too hard to trace out, except that the spread-out sheets of tissue and pattern paper summon every cat within a 30-foot range.

Japanese batik print linen, with overlapping tie-back and slightly gathered waist.


3 hours, start to finish, excluding time spent slinging cats.


I win, Easter deadline!









3 comments:

  1. So cute! And she's getting so big! And the bathroom looks great!

    sincerely.
    ordinarily silent lurker currently drinking beer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing that thing also! And the man forgot to bring the boiled eggs to my mom's house, so I am dying them aaalllll by myself. And baking pie. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it dyeing? or are you actually killing them?

    (Hee, I crack myself up. Sorry. Drinking beer again. Will revert to silence soon since there's no drinking allowed on school nights.)

    PS While I'm still logorrheic, let me say how pleased I am for you that she seems to have survived the head-banging phase. Yay. :)

    ReplyDelete