Conversation between workers. Start by writing a few short paragraphs from the point of view of one of the tools you use for your craft. Then, write a dialogue between yourself and this item.
Well. We have established how I feel about anthropomorphism. I will try.
This is my cable needle.
Say, “I am a cable needle,” cable needle. SAY IT.
Ahem. Here we go.
CABLE NEEDLE. THERE YOU ARE.
(I probably don’t need to yell here, but I feel it may help to better communicate, owing to cable needle’s lack of ears.)
CABLE NEEDLE. I have been picking cables out without a needle for two months now, because you are constantly missing. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.
silence
I just found you at the bottom of my Whole Foods bag. You are not fooling anyone.
silence
I DON’T NEED YOU, YOU KNOW.
silence
Ugh. Fine. I forgive you.
clatter
What was that? WHERE DID YOU GO?
silence
Damn it.
No comments:
Post a Comment